Italian regional costume of skirt, blouse, socks, shoes and jewelry!
Costume Travesti: Napolitaine 1910
Our darling Bleuette loves to travel, and she also loves to dress in regional costumes from around the world. As with the other patterns offrered in La Semaine de Suzette, particular attention to authentic detail is recognized, especially in the issues of the earlier years. You will adore the many details that I have considered to make this costume extraordinary.
- The Neopolitan costume begins with a simple peasant style cotton batiste blouse. The blouse has a silk thread pin-tucking treatment on the sleeve ruffles, and closes in the back with hidden snaps.
- The skirt includes two aprons and a laced bodice. The underskirt is hand-embroidered cotton, The "working" apron is scarlet linen with a large pocket at the hem. The fancy front panel apron is hand-embroidered silk duoppioni. The bodice is black cotton with an "entredeaux" stripe and closes at the back with metal hooks and thread eyes.
- Her marvelous socks and shoes...fine patterned cotton jersey ( notice the stripe of tiny hearts) socks are worn under soft genuine leather shoes. I looked at many vintage Italian costumes to design a pair that were jappropriate and fit well on her tiny feet.
- Our sweet Neopolitan girl wears a head scarf sewn from vintage textiles. The whitework embroidery is a delightful addition to this all-white accessory.
- And to complete this amazing ensemble- a coral bead necklace with a tiny cornicello ( little horn ) amulet.
This ensemble was sized to fit both repro and vintage Bleuettes.
NOTE: doll and shoes are not included
Your satisfaction is guaranteed with every Bluebird Textiles purchase. If you are not satisfied in every possible way, you can return your purchase within 30 days for a complete refund